Birthdays can hold amazing memories and sometimes contain embarrassing and even tragic recollections. People all over the world have different traditions for celebrating birthdays. You may even celebrate your birthday in a unique way with your own family. Here are some fun creative writing prompts about birthdays:
1. Write a story that begins with a character suffering from a terminal disease. The scene begins with the character celebrating what he/she believes is their last birthday. What happens next?
2. Write a story where two main characters (who do not yet know each other) are preparing for their big birthday bash. However reservations get mixed up really quick and the two characters end up sharing the same party.
3. Write a story about a couple that are having a very difficult time in their marriage. One spouse decides to throw an amazing surprise party. What unexpected surprises occur?
4. Write a story about a child’s birthday gift which becomes alive. For instance, a child receives a large stuffed unicorn that comes alive and talks.
5. Write a story about being trapped in birthday-Groundhog day and reliving your own birthday over and over again.
6. Research some amazing and generous things that people have done for others for their birthday. Write a story based on these incredible stories.
7. Write a story that begins with the character celebrating their 90th birthday.
8. Write a story about a man who can change any given birthday in their life. Which birthday do they choose and how do they change it? How does this impact the rest of their life?
I hope these prompts inspire some amazing writing!